- play a game.
- practise gerunds and present continuous
How many action verbs can you think of?
Say them with -ing
eg stand = standing, jump = jumping...
Look at the penguins. What are they doing?
2) Play the game
Now look at the questions below. What are they doing?
How many can you answer correctly?
(The gif images may sometimes be slow to display.depending on your connection speed.)
Download activity as ppt file here
Do a mime of one of the verbs
Who can guess what you are doing?
More on EFL SMARTblog
- Can you name all the animals? - Quiz Game Animals, Beginners, Games, Kids, Quizzes, Spelling, Young Learners
- Jump and Slide (Quiz Game - Beginners / Elem) Beginners, Elementary, Games, Jump and Slide, Present Continuous, Present Simple, Young Learners
- What's the time? (game) / The Pink Panther - "In The Pink Of The Night" Beginners, Games, Kids, Pink Panther, Present Continuous, Telling the time, Young Learners
- What's this? (game) Beginners, Games, Kids, Young Learners