- play a game
- practise pronouncing the letters of the alphabet
- test simple vocabulary
This ppt game contains moving gifs, sound files and links to pages within the ppt so it should be downloaded as a ppt (see link below).
It is aimed at beginners and young learners and practises alphabet pronunciation and simple vocabulary.
- You can play as a group or with 2 teams (there are 2 team pages - "A" and "B" with links). You can either throw a dice and move from A - Z cross the square (Snakes and Ladders) or choose a letter in the left hand column and move to the right (Word Square). Choose what's best for you class.
- Choose a letter. Click on the sound symbol to hear the letter. You must pronounce it correctly. You get 1 point.
- Click on the letter to go to the page. Say what you see. Click the page again to see the answer. You get 1 point.
- Click on the arrow to go back to the team alphabet page and choose another letter.
- Who gets the most correct answers?
Download the game as a ppt file here
Feel free to adapt it.
Jump and Slide (Quiz Game - Beginners / Elem) Beginners, Elementary, Games, Jump and Slide, Present Continuous, Present Simple, Young Learners
What's the time? (game) / The Pink Panther - "In The Pink Of The Night" Beginners, Games, Kids, Pink Panther, Present Continuous, Telling the time, Young Learners
What's this? (game) Beginners, Games, Kids, Young Learners